90 Day Renewed Hair Growth Challenge
Below you will find the Renewed Hair Co Growth Guidelines that target overall Hair Health, Growth, Hair Shedding, Scalp Health, and Length Retention using Safe/Non-Toxic and Organic Ingredients! This challenge aims to propel you BEST hair forward from multiple areas of attack and care. Follow them completely for best results. We understand that certain hair types are unable to apply our Renewing Hair Elixir Daily, but it should be used as often as possible. One bottle of the Renewing Hair Elixir lasts 4-6 weeks with regular use. Consider subscribing for a 10% discount, which can be cancelled after 3 orders. **This challenge can be started at anytime.
TAKE PICTURES AND MEASUREMENTS BEFORE YOU START AND EVERY 30 DAYS
In this challenge we will adhere to the following guidelines:
**Before starting this challenge, be sure to wash your hair with a CLARIFYING Shampoo that does not contain any of the prohibited ingredients below**
1. Daily application of the Renewing Hair Elixir followed by a 2-4 minute scalp massage.
2. Weekly Deep Conditioning/Hot Oil Treatments using the Renewing Hair Elixir. For Deep Conditioning, add the Renewing Hair Elixir to your approved conditioner and allow to remain on the hair for 30 min while under a heat (hooded dryer). For Hot Oil Treatment, apply the Renewing Hair Elixir from roots to ends, cover with plastic cap, and then sit under a hood dryer/heated cap for 30 minutes. These weekly treatments will allow the potent herbal actives, antioxidants, strengthening agents, and moisturizing agents to penetrate the hair shaft, stimulate and soothe the scalp.
3. Wash hair with approved Shampoo or Co-wash once weekly at minimum. Clarify hair with Clarifying Shampoo at least once every 3-4 weeks to prevent product build-up.
4. Drink an adequate amount of water daily. People should drink a little less than half their body weight in ounces. For example if you weigh 140 pounds, you should drink roughly 60 ounces of water daily.
5. Wear your hair in a protective style/low manipulation styles throughout the week (i.e gentle buns, gentle twists, gentle braids).
6. Properly moisturize your hair and seal your ends using your preferred method. LCO, OLC, LOC (Leave-in, Cream, Oil). Use the Renewing Hair Elixir as your Oil.
7. Take pictures and hair measurements before starting this challenge and every 30 days to track your progress. Share your progress with us on Instagram using the hashtag #RenewedHairGrowthChallenge
Ingredients to AVOID during this challenge:
Sulfates - Utilized in many shampoos to make them have more foaming action. Look for words that end with "-sulfate". However, they are incredibly stripping of the hair (takes your moisture away leading to brittle frizzy hair) and an irritant to skin (dermatitis, flakes, inflammation, itchiness).
Silicones - Found in many shampoos and conditioners to make the hair feel smooth and look shiny. However there structure is similar to rubber/plastic and build up on the hair shaft over time. Look for words that end in "-thicone". A common silicone is dimethicone. This build-up blocks the ability for your hair to become properly moisturized over time leading to weak, dull, and brittle hair that breaks and does not retain length.
Formaldehydes - Are used within hair products for multiple reasons including preservation, strengthening, or smoothing performance. Common names are: quaternium-15, methylene glycol, methylene oxide, methanal, CAS Number 50, formalin, perform. Formaldehydes are toxic to your body, known human carcinogens, irritants to your skin, and good for overall hair health over repeated exposure. They have been linked to burnt scalps, hair loss, and hair discoloration.
Parabens - Used in hair shampoos and conditioners to aid in preservation. Well known to be harmful to your internal body system. They are also hormone disruptors and linked to increased growth of breast cancer. Look for words ending in "paraben".
Alcohols - Alcohols are used in Shampoos and Conditioners and have drying effects. Avoid these bad alcohols: Alcohol denat, Ethanol, SD alcohol 40, Propanol, Isopropyl and Propyl. Some alcohols are not as bad for your hair including Cetearyl alcohol and Stearyl alcohol. However according to dermatologists, above concentrations of 3% these alcohols can too be drying, irritants, and cause dermatitis.
Synthetic Fragrances - If the label has just "fragrance" listed, they likely have thousands of hidden chemicals in them. This allows companies to get around giving a full ingredient list and list harmful ingredients under the "fragrance" name. Most "fragrances" contain phthalates.
Synthetic Colors - Many shampoos and conditioners are dyed with a synthetic color to improve their appearance. Many synthetic colors come from petroleum and coal-tar sources, which have harmful effects on your health. They have been linked to various diseases and some cancers. Look for the words "FD&C or D&C".
Phthalates - Are used in hair products as gelling agents and are linked to liver, endocrine, and reproductive disruption. A common phthalate used is dibutyl phthalate, dimethyl phthalate, and diethyl phthalate.
Mineral Oil - Used in many hair care products meant to treat the scalp. However, it has been found to clog pores and is made from petroleum. It leads to poor scalp health, poor hair growth,
Let us know how you are doing and share your results via Instagram using the hashtag: #RenewedHairChallenge